The last weeks were very busy.
In July Ana from One Skein of Love asked me if I could help with another test.: a blanket in Overlay Mosaic crochet designed for a Cal (crochet along)
I started the test on July 27 and finished my blanket on September 10. Since then I worked
- 207 chains for the foundation
- 54.441 stitches for the blanket
- 940 slip stitches and 8 chains to start the border
- 1.928 stitches plus 16 chains for the back layer of the border
- 3.840 stitches plus 32 chains for the front layer of the border
- and 972 slip stitches and 12 single crochet for the final round
That makes a total of 62.396 stitches – if I haven’t miscounted. PHEW!
And I didn’t count the stitches I had to redo because my tension was off due to yarn issues!
But never mind, it was worth it! Here is a first sneak peek.
I wanted to match my Geometrics my When Summer turns into Fall blanket (I‘m still working on) so I used
- Parchment, 4 balls
- Walnut, 4 balls
- Copper, 2 balls
- Lime, 2 balls
- Gold, 1 ball
At least that is what I have noted, hope it is correct.
As I didn’t follow Anas colourway I will list my colour placement with each part of the Cal.
The Cal will start on September 23 and I hope that a lot of people will join!
You will find more information on Anas Ravelry page.
3 thoughts on “Geometrics”